- Move-in and move-out inspections
- Prompt rent collection
- Management of tenant relationship and disputes
- Collection procedures and evictions, if needed
- Payment of bills including mortgage, property taxes, utilities, insurance or other bills
- Fully itemized and computerized monthly financial reports, year-end accounting statements and 1099 forms
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Owner payments made monthly via electronic payment transfer – no manual checks
- Annual lease review and recommendation of potential rent increases as market conditions permit
- Semi-annual property inspections
- Records maintenance
- Rental licenses and code compliance
- Security Deposit Escrow management and required documentation
- Online tenant rent payments and statements
- Easy exit agreement with only 30-day notice
- Other services available upon request
- Maintenance repairs
- Site visits to the property other than the semi-annual inspection.
- Inspections of the property, either interior or exterior
- Trips to the property to file police reports or meet insurance adjusters
- Trips to court to handle litigation with tenants.
We are not lenders but have numerous lenders we work with and will be happy to make introductions.
Initially we ask owners to give us 3 sets of keys but after that we will make replacement keys as needed.
Yes, we inspect your rental property every 6 months and produce a report with 20 to 40 photos of the interior and exterior. These reports are part of your monthly fee and will be uploaded into your owner portal.
We have been managing rental properties since 1998. Over that period we have managed well over 1,500 different properties and placed over 4,000 tenants into properties.
We generally have about 20 to 40 vacant units out of 600 total units. This is about a 3% to 7% vacancies rate.
Please go to http://www.delvalproperty.com/owners to see a sample lease.
We generally rent properties that are ready to rent in 15 to 45 days and many times can rent prior to the current moving out. However, it is important that the property be ready to rent and that includes fresh paint, clean or new carpets and clean and smells good. Without these things, the length to rent a property can be much longer.
We generally are in some stage of eviction with between 5 to 15 tenants out of about 600 tenants. Our eviction rate is about 1% to 2.5% of our total tenants. We do tend to be very aggressive with collections and are quicker to go to court than other companies as we trying to set a standard that tenants must pay rent or leave. They cannot stay in the property without paying rent or being evicted.
We do a lot when we take on a new property. We survey it thoroughly to ensure it is habitable and in good showing condition and we share our report with you. We give you a bid to complete necessary work, if any. We film videos of the property for our records: a new property video, documenting the condition of the property when we first take it on, a move-in video (documenting the condition of the property before a tenant takes possession of it), and a marketing video, used to attract a tenant to your property.
In addition, it takes at least half a day of staff time simply to get all information required about your property entered into our data systems. That is why we charge a New Account Set-up Fee.
When a tenant reports a maintenance issue, we need to be able to respond to it promptly. If a property is well-maintained, we find that most routine, “break-fix” repairs can be completed for $300 or less. If a repair will cost over $300, we consider it a major repair and get your approval (and your additional funds) before we complete the work. Repairs of $300 or less we just take care of without bothering you about them.